PTC LiveWorx 2018 Event Brief
By: Daniel R. Matlis, President
Partnership was the key theme at LiveWorx 2018. At the event, PTC showcased five major partnerships to highlight the need to embrace Digital Transformation as it navigates the ever-increasing rate of change:
- ANSYS partnership to augment simulation and modeling
- Microsoft partnership to augment mixed reality and cloud
- Rockwell partnership to align smart factory
- SYSMEX to support improved patient outcomes through IoMT
- Boston Children’s Hospital to do good for children on the Autistic spectrum
Under the leadership of Jim Heppelmann, PTC President and CEO, the company is shifting its culture to be PTC = Prepared To Change. Heppelmann described PTC’s own transformation, shifting from perpetual licensing to a subscription business model as well as moving its global headquarters from Needham to the Boston Seaport.
For me, the highlight of the event was the collaboration between PTC and Boston Children’s Hospital on the use of augmented reality (AR) to help children with autism and related disorders communicate and learn more effectively.
Register to read more.