ComplianceQuest Briefing Note
By: Sandra K. Rodriguez, Market Analyst
Axendia was recently briefed by Prashanth Rajendran, CEO, and Nikki Willett, Chief Strategy Officer, at ComplianceQuest. The company sees multiple drivers for an up-tick in the adoption of eQMS in the Life Sciences industry, especially on a modern cloud platform:
- Electronic Quality Management System (eQMS) as a necessity for emerging growth companies
- Digital transformation (Quality 4.0)
- Collaborative global regulatory bodies requiring consistent control
- The services society demanding more managed applications
- The power of a single platform to meet multiple business needs
- The role of quality in merger and acquisition activities
- Operational efficiencies are driving the top line and profitability
Historically, QMS had been targeted at managing quality/compliance documents. The transition that Axendia has noticed in the marketplace is that while companies still require documentation to support quality processes, what is more important is the underlying data that is housed in those documents. “Emerging growth companies typically will focus on the product and getting the product approved…and eQMS was not always at the top of the minds of executives. However, we’re seeing quite a bit of a change in that emerging growth companies are seeing that going electronic as early as possible is a value and an efficiency gain for them,” said Willett.
Register to receive the entire Briefing Note in your inbox.