… And You Heard It Here First
By: Sandra K. Rodriguez, Market Analyst
Based on our interactions with companies large and small, cloud solutions for Quality, Operations and Maintenance Management are being increasingly adopted to lower costs (implementation, validation and maintenance from a technology standpoint) and for improved process and people efficiencies.
Not convinced? Earlier this year, we published our findings in a report titled “See Who’s Soaring to the Cloud in Support of Quality and Compliance.” Most of the companies we spoke to already had experience implementing a variety of business systems in the cloud including: Email, CRM, ERP, Document Management, Serialization and HR systems.
Most, if not all, software vendors that we either met or conducted briefings with this year have cloud offerings to support: AI/ML, APS, CTMS, EAM, MES, PLM, RIM, etc.
Executives we interviewed for our Cloud QMS report agreed that:
- Modern cloud platforms have a secure infrastructure with very high availability and uptime
- Value can be quickly achieved by unifying business functions on a cloud platform
- System accessibility and availability is necessary for today’s global workforce
- Moving to the modern cloud is not only a strategic move but one that supports a sustainable digital transformation strategy
- Taking a cloud-first approached supports improved business outcomes by eliminating the need for an internal IT army
Over seven years ago, Axendia published a report based on a survey of 125 MedTech Executives. We sought to understand “Balancing the Risks and Rewards of MedTech Globalization.” At the time, Axendia’s position was simple:
To mitigate globalization growing pains and attain sustained benefits, the Med-Tech ecosystem will need to implement new strategies, processes, and technologies to proactively manage risk across the life-cycle of Med-Tech Products in a global and outsourced environment.
Today, we are seeing the adoption of modern cloud solutions that offer:
- Holistic control over governance, risk management, and compliance practices
- Enhanced visibility across the Med-Tech ecosystem
- Improved collaboration with all constituents across the total product lifecycle
Being cloud comfortable doesn’t mean that every aspect of a company’s business is being managed in the cloud but Maintenance, Manufacturing and Quality clouds (to name a few) are quickly replacing on-premises applications.
Need help with your cloud strategy? Contact our Analyst Team today.