Perspectives from Key Stakeholders in the Healthcare Ecosystem
By: Daniel R. Matlis, President
Healthcare is shifting to a value-based model focused on improving the quality of patient outcomes, enhancing patient-centered care and adopting initiatives that control costs.
The transition to value-based healthcare hinges on the availability of unbiased quality and outcomes data. Furthermore, the integrity of these decisions depends upon the accurate and objective analysis of these data to support patient care decisions.
We interviewed the following thought leaders representing key stakeholders from the CfQ PQOA working group to gain their unique perspective on the value of analytics in value-based healthcare.
- Stephanie Christopher, Program Director at MDIC
- Garth Conrad, VP Quality at BD Peripheral Intervention
- Michael Ruhlen M.D., MHCM, FAAP, VP Division of Medical Education, Atrium Health
- Michael Schiller, CMRP, Senior Director at the Association for Healthcare Resource & Materials Management (AHRMM)
- Nathan Soderborg, Ph.D., Principal Scientist, Statistical and Data Sciences, Exponent.
- Francisco (Cisco) Vicenty, Program Manager for Case for Quality, OC, CDRH, FDA
Continue reading the full article in MedTech Intelligence.
NBC News Reports – Device-Safety Experts to FDA: Make Data Public.
Download the full report and read our interview with CfQ PQOA stakeholders.